Current plan data available everywhere at all times
The A-Plan WebViewer available as an option, allows you to use any device that is connected to the Internet with any browser, to retrieve the current plan data and time schedules. This requires no installation on the particular device, which means that all the data required is available even on smartphones, such as, for example, the iPhone or on a tablet computer:
Since the Operating System used also has no role to play, the data can also be displayed on a Linux or Apple computer, etc. with the help of the A-Plan WebViewer. The data is refreshed by the A-Plan WebCreator on completely normal Internet pages at a configurable interval of time of your choice and kept updated. In this manner, superiors, others working on the project, the production department, branches, field employees, installation engineers, customers, suppliers, etc. may be kept updated easily and automatically with respect to all information that is necessary for seamless and streamlined operations.
Compared to project management software that is completely web-based, A-Plan offers the following benefits:
- Compilation and administration of the data in a customary Windows environment (with all the usual functions and features such as continuous mouse operation etc.).
- No loss in performance while cresting the planning resulting from a slow Internet connection.
- Original data remains on the internal company server.
- Data backup takes place as always in the internal network.
- Only data that has been released is provided to the users of the WebViewer.
- No installation on external devices is required.
- All types of devices and Operating Systems are supported.
How does the WebViewer work?
Clicking on the views displays them in PDF format and they may then be printed out in high quality (high resolution) if needed:
The A-Plan WebCreator prepares the views and updates the Internet pages automatically. It administers the users of the WebViewer and configures all settings for the views. Moreover, you can use WebCreator to set the updating interval or frequency for each user.
Testing the WebViewer, Manual
The WebViewer shall be incorporated in all test and licensed versions of A-Plan 2010 with effect from calendar week (CW) 37 but can be run only in the demo mode with the unlicensed version (“Extras” menu).
Older releases of A-Plan 2010 (prior to release 11.01.01) may be upgraded with the WebViewer with effect from calendar week (CW) 37 with the updated patch. Since the existing online help is not extended by the patch, you should also download the manual for the WebViewer in this case. The A-Plan WebViewer manual is available here.
Please refer to the Price list for the costs of the WebViewer or WebCreator.